|Title:||Water Treatment Plant Intern|
Job Title: Water Treatment Plant Intern
Department: Water Department
Location: Mountain Fork Water Treatment Facility
Reports to: Water Plant Operator II
The Madison County Water Department is seeking an ambitious individual for a laborer position at the Mountain Fork Water Treatment Facility to be under the supervision of the Water Plant Operator II. The general work activities will consist of grounds keeping, plant repairs, general painting, and custodial tasks. The individual will also have the opportunity to learn basic water treatment and operations fundamentals. The position will allow for work up to 40 hours per week for no greater than a 6 month period. Target employment period is from April through September.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All Duties listed may not be included in any one position nor does the list include all tasks found in a position of this class.)
- Grounds keeping: As a seasonal employee, the majority of the duties associated with this position will pertain to grounds keeping. The employee will be expected to operate a weed trimmer, mower, small tractor, and perform other grounds keeping tasks as needed.
- Plant repairs: As equipment at Mountain Fork Water Treatment Facility requires routine or emergency attention, the employee will be required to assist with this work as needed.
- Painting: The individual may be expected to paint piping, equipment, and walls at Madison County Water Department Facilities.
- Custodial Task: Cleanliness is imperative in a water treatment facility. The employee will be required to assist in the general cleaning of Mountain Fork Water Treatment Facility. This may include but is not limited to sweeping, mopping, dusting, disposing of trash, etc.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Madison County Water is looking for a motivated individual with the ability to follow request and is eager to learn. Madison County seeks a mechanically minded individual with lawn equipment experience who can work independently as well as assisting others.
- Education and Experience: Interest in Water Treatment career is preferred.
- Special Physical Requirements: The employee will be expected to work in inclement weather as required. The individual must be physically capable of lifting 100 lbs, climbing steps and ladders, bending, stooping, etc.
$10.00 per hour
MADISON COUNTY COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER