|Title:||IT Help Desk Support Specialist|
Job Title: IT Help Desk Support Specialist
Department: Information Technology Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: IT Director
The Support Specialist is responsible for meeting requirements of the Data Center and performing daily, weekly and monthly batch mode jobs. Verifies accuracy of reports leaving the Data Center and serves as communication link with users to resolve any problems. Must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact will in a team environment or training capacity. Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Must demonstrate, the ability to work well with minimal amount of supervision. Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with basic hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(All duties listed may not be included in any one position nor does the list include all tasks found in a position of this class.)
- Provide first level contact and convey resolutions to user issues.
- Properly escalate unresolved queries to the next level of support.
- Track, route and redirect problems to correct resources.
- Update user data and produce activity reports.
- Walk user through problem solving process.
- Follow up with users, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution.
- Utilize excellent user service skills and customer expectations.
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements.
- Check all reports prior to leaving Data Center, insuring accuracy and completeness.
- Deliver work to various departments as needed.
- Communication link with users to resolve any questions/problems relating to work orders.
- Knowledge, Skill, and Ability
- Proven working experience in providing help desk support.
- Troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations; knowledge of general office practices and procedures; ability to coordinate work orders and set priorities; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions; and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and supervisor.
- Physical Requirements
MADISON COUNTY COMMISSION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Healthcare Insurance: Blue Cross of Alabama administered through the Local Government Health Insurance Plan (LGHIP).
Single Coverage Bi-weekly Premium
Family Coverage Bi-weekly Premium
Dental Coverage: Dental coverage is included with LGHIP through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama. LGHIP manages dental costs and provides enhanced dental benefits using negotiated discounts with in-network dentists. To locate in-network dentists go to www.bcbsal.com. Assuming the services are covered you will normally only be responsible for out of pocket.
Life Insurance: Madison County provides $25,000 in life, $25,000 in accidental death and dismemberment and $25,000 line of duty insurance to eligible employees in certified positions.
Employee Retirement Plans: Employees are required to participate in the Employees Retirement System, which is administered through the Retirement
Systems of Alabama (RSA).
Employees participate at one of the following levels:
Tier 1: An employee who had service credit in RSA prior to January 1, 2013 and contribute at a level of 5% per pay period. *The County contributes at a rate of 10.89%.
Tier 2: An employee who was hired on or after January 1, 2013 and contribute at a level of 6% per pay period. *The County contributes at a rate of 8.42%.
*Contribution percentage is set by the Retirement Systems of Alabama and changes annually.
Employee Clinic: Madison County employees and dependents over age 12 may use the Employee Health Clinic for the low co-pay of $15.00 per visit. To be eligible to use the clinic, the employee and dependent must be enrolled in Madison County’s health insurance plan as their primary coverage.
Voluntary Plans are also available:
*Additional life Insurance for employee and dependents
*Flex spending accounts (healthcare and childcare)
Holidays, Annual Leave and Sick Leave:
*Minimum of 10 holidays per calendar year
*Accrue 8 hours of annual leave and 8 hours of sick leave per month